Get updates on Northern Pacific Airways
Maintenance Training Coordinator – Anchorage, AK
The Northern Pacific Airways Maintenance Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all maintenance training needs, which includes day-to-day management of the training program and training records. This position is responsible to the Director of Maintenance (DOM) for organizing and coordinating the maintenance technician training schedule and maintenance training records, as well as to the Director of Quality Control (DQC) for organizing and coordinating the department personnel training schedule and maintenance training records. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a current list of courses for initial and recurrent needs, which includes an overall course outline and course completion time;
- Publishing and maintaining a training schedule of in-house and third-party events, ensuring required training for each employee in the Maintenance and Quality departments is scheduled based on the skills listing created for each job description;
- Establishing training goals by assessing maintenance personnel needs and coordinating with the DOM and/or DQC for implementation;
- Arranging third-party training events based on scheduled or directed training requirements;
- Maintaining individual training records to ensure all on-the-job training (OJT) and formal training requirements are documented and current.
- Coordinating with other departments to ensure consistency and compliance with Company Orientation, Airworthiness Release, Initial, Recurrent, and Safety training requirements;
- Tracking, scheduling, and documenting all recurrent training requirements, ensuring individuals remain current and written notices are issued in a timely manner when recurrent classes are due;
- Providing a report at the monthly Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) meeting of current training progress, man-hours used, and future training requirements coming due for all aircraft maintenance personnel;
- Training selected personnel on Receiving Inspection procedures to include training on Suspected Unapproved Parts and subsequently notifying the DQC or Inspection Manager of all personnel who have successfully completed the Receiving Inspector training;
- Promoting SMS and a positive Safety Culture within the maintenance department by demonstrating identification and reporting of safety hazards in maintenance operations and any other area of responsibility;
- Engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates, maintaining confidentiality of company matters.
The successful candidate must have the required certifications and will ideally have several years of aviation training/instructional experience for a Part 121 airline, but must be passionate about training management. Other qualifications include:
- Must a high school diploma/GED, with a preference for additional education in training and development;
- Must have both the Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certifications;
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years professional maintenance experience in Part 121 air carrier operations, ideally comprised of Extended-Range Twin-Engine Operational Performance Standards (ETOPS) and Boeing 757-200 experience;
- Must have strong administrative skills, to include documentation, computer proficiency, and presentation capabilities;
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines, understanding the overall impact on operations;
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire unless already employed by Corvus Airlines Inc. dba Ravn Alaska;
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen;
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Find your true north. Join Northern Pacific Airways today!