Get updates on Northern Pacific Airways
Fleet Manager – Anchorage, AK
The Northern Pacific Airways Fleet Manager is responsible for overseeing daily Boeing 757 flight operations and reporting activity to the Chief Pilot. This position will also help with the selection and training of flight crews. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Upholding the Company Values.
- Promoting and supporting the company Safety and Culture programs.
- Ensuring the execution of plans and policies for company-related compliance issues.
- Communicating effectively with the Chief Pilot and relevant departments as appropriate regarding relevant flight operational and pilot training activities.
- Remaining current with industry standards.
- Remaining current with all FAA regulatory standards and changes.
- Ensuring company Boeing 757 airmen remain qualified and proficient to execute duties and responsibilities under regulatory requirements.
- Revising and updating airman operational techniques as necessary through feedback from management and the flight safety programs.
- Developing a vision and strategy for the company pilot training program.
- Promoting compliance with all TSA security requirements as directed by the Air Operations Security Coordinator (AOSC).
- Maintaining a proactive focus on pilot staffing needs and recommending staffing level adjustments to maintain optimal operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Displaying a high level of fiscal responsibility by considering the financial impact and costs associated with flight operations and training.
- Conducting simulator and aircraft pilot proficiency checks.
- Fulfilling line pilot scheduling vacancies as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Fulfilling other roles within the company as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Holding a seat on the Company Safety Committee and actively participating in initiatives and efforts to maintain a strong safety culture.
- Engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates, maintaining confidentiality of company matters.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in ground and flight training, previous Check Airman experience, and demonstrates management skills and experience for the supervision of a pilot group exceeding 100 pilots. Other qualifications include:
- Must a high school diploma or GED; a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is highly preferred;
- Must have five years of experience as a Chief Pilot or Fleet Manager with previous experience as Pilot in Command of Large or Heavy Transport Category Jet Aircraft in Part 121 operations;
- Must have ETOPS certification experience with large fleets, ideally B757/B767 a plus;
- Must have current FAA ATP rating and FAA First Class medical;
- Must have a Boeing 757/767 type rating;
- Must have a working knowledge and understanding of the company’s aviation safety programs or the ability to learn the programs;
- Must have previous experience maintaining pilot records under a Part 121 operation;
- Must have the ability to adapt and acquire new skills rapidly;
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, which includes strong public speaking and presentation skills;
- Must be able to translate, articulate, simplify, and communicate complex aviation theoretical and technical information to audiences of different levels of expertise;
- Must be able to work effectively with other managers both laterally and vertically;
- Must exhibit excellent aeronautical skills and displays a strong level of confidence in a group environment, demonstrating competency as a leader and team member;
- Must have strong team-building skills which also involves planning, organizing, staffing, and managing members of the Flight Operations team;
- Must have superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Must be computer proficient, particularly with MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word);
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire unless already employed by Corvus Airlines Inc. dba Ravn Alaska;
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen;
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Find your true north. Join Northern Pacific Airways today!