Get updates on Northern Pacific Airways
CASS Manager – Anchorage, AK
The Northern Pacific Airways Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) Manager will ensure an ongoing, comprehensive, system safety-based, closed-loop cycle of surveillance, investigation, data collection, analysis, corrective action, monitoring, and feedback that continually monitors and corrects program deficiencies. This position works closely with airline leadership to ensure the success of the program. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating an audit plan based on risk assessment.
- Performing work-in-progress, transaction, and systems audits to identify hazards.
- Performing data collection process: Select data sets, collect operational and failure data to identify trends, anomalies, and potential hazards.
- Accomplishing Root Cause Analysis (RCA); develop, implement, and monitor a corrective action plan, as appropriate.
- Verifying the corrective action is effective, and initiate risk-based follow-up surveillance planning, as appropriate.
- Promoting SMS and a positive Safety Culture within the maintenance department by demonstrating identification and reporting of safety hazards in maintenance operations and any other area of responsibility.
- Engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates, maintaining confidentiality of company matters.
The successful candidate must have the required certifications and will ideally have several years of aviation training/instructional experience for a Part 121 airline, but must be passionate about training management. Other qualifications include:
- Must a high school diploma/GED;
- Must hold a current FAA mechanic certificate with both Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings, or engineering and other maintenance background based on experience;
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in maintenance/inspection activities, ideally with Boeing airplanes;
- Must be knowledgeable of the applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and the use of Manufacturer’s Maintenance/Service Manuals;
- Must be a proactive self-starter able to search out potential problem areas in program execution before they result in undesirable events;
- Must be a good communicator able to work with all levels at the airline and capable of maintaining formal and informal lines of communication with personnel in the various maintenance departments;
- Must be experienced with auditing and Root Cause Corrective Actions;
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines, understanding the overall impact on operations;
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire unless already employed by Corvus Airlines Inc. dba Ravn Alaska;
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screen;
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Find your true north. Join Northern Pacific Airways today!