Get updates on Northern Pacific Airways
Avionics Technician – Anchorage, AK (Pay: $72,000-82,000)
The Ravn Alaska Avionics Technician is responsible for the repair and testing of avionics equipment and electrical accessories, inspection of all radio work, such as airframe installations, airframe electrical wiring and avionics repairs as installed on the Ravn aircraft fleet assigned by Maintenance Control, Leads, and Supervisors. The Avionics Technician is also responsible for the requisition of stock as dictated by department needs. Other responsibilities aligned with Ravn Alaska Core Values include but are not limited to:
• Upholding safety by ascertaining that all inspections are properly performed on all completed work orders before equipment is returned to service, and properly executing all the required inspection and maintenance records, reports, and forms for such release;
• Demonstrating commitment to excellence by ensuring the proper handling and preservation of all units or parts during each stage of the repair lifecycle;
• Championing departmental integrity through the consistent accountability to deadlines, ensuring that department premises are clean and orderly, and ensuring company tools and equipment are maintained in serviceable standard and reporting any non-serviceable items to the manager or inspector;
• Embodying the spirit of connectedness by working closely with a group of technicians to achieve deadlines for customer-related repairs and installations;
• Showing reliability by consistently ensuring and maintaining the files of completed work orders and inspection forms in such a manner that the file pertaining to the specific repair of an item can be readily located for review;
• Displaying a commitment to team growth by training and assisting colleagues in the proper work procedures and best practices.
The successful candidate will have experience working on aircraft avionics equipment, with consideration given for aircraft maintenance background preferred. Other qualifications include:
• Must possess a high school diploma or GED;
• Must be 21 years of age or older;
• Must have an FAA Airframe License, with Airframe (& Powerplant) preferred; or meet qualifications to obtain an FAA Repairman’s Certificate with commiserate Avionic endorsements.
• Must be proficient using technical data, manuals, wiring diagrams, and schematics for all work performed;
• Must be able to use and work with hand tools, power tools, soldering irons, wire marking machines, pressure testing equipment, multi-meters, and avionics ramp test equipment;
• Must be able and willing to fabricate and perform installations of wire harnesses;
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language;
• Must be highly organized with the ability to maintain attention to detail for each task or job performed, acting with a strong safety-orientation in tasks that are highly visible and subject to frequent audits;
• Must be able to work well on a team, have a positive attitude and the desire to learn, able to take directions, and adapt to sudden change in the work environment;
• Must display a commitment to customer service, maintaining a positive, customer-oriented attitude at all times;
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis, with or without reasonable accommodation;
• Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
• Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug test;
• Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Ravn Alaska hires brilliant team members who exemplify and identify with our Core Values: Safety. Commitment. Integrity. Connectedness. Reliability. To reach new heights with Ravn Alaska, apply today!
*Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by date of hire unless already employed by Corvus Airlines Inc. dba Ravn Alaska.